Recipe of the day: Hearty Beef Soup

One of my favorite things to make and eat are soups. I particularly enjoy a hearty beef soup on a cold winter day. Here's how I make mine:

Saute your stew meat, beef chunks in a pan with about a tablespoon or so of olive oil till brown. Amount depends on how much you want to make. I usually use about a pound or less.
After your meat is browned and cooked add veggies: I like potatoes, carrots, cabbage, onions as staples and again, the amount depends on size of pot and size of family.
Add water enough to barely cover the meat and veggies.
Add spices: salt, black pepper to taste and here are my special ingredients I like to add: garlic (lots of garlic) about a teaspoon of cumin powder, a few sprinkles of oregano, more garlic, a beef bullion sometimes, a dash of paprika, whatever else inspires me that day.
Taste it and make sure you added enough of everything.
Now for the part that makes it nice and warm, add about a handful of spaghetti noodles, broken in half. Also at this point I like to add green to my pot and here are some options that make it taste great: swiss chard, spinach, cilantro are some of my favorites. Be creative and use what you have. Peppers taste nice in a beef soup too.
Let it all simmer until the noodles are done and everything is cooked tender and delicious.

You might want to enjoy this soup with fresh home baked biscuits or fresh baked bread if you feel so inspired!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories from the Amazon - Sunken Canoe Adventure

Stories from the Amazon - Horse trading

Stories from the Amazon - Crazy Bull part 1