Valentine's Day Treat

Ok, I was going to post something completely NON-Valentines but I decided that would be too depressing since I'm already saddened by my state of aloneness. So I looked in my grandmothers box of recipes that I inherited and found one that I haven't made yet but sure am going to try it. My family has always loved popcorn and I couldn't resist this recipe.

Chocolate Snackin' Corn

3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn, unpopped
1 and 1/2 cups salted peanuts
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup butter or margarine

Pop the popcorn in oil. Pour popcorn immediately into a buttered 9x13 inch pan; add peanuts and stir thoroughly, removing any unpopped corn. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, cocoa and margarine in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture reaches a full boil; boil one minute. Drizzle mixture immediately over popcorn and peanuts; quickly stir mixture to blend well. Cool, uncovered, for several hours or overnight; break into pieces. Makes about 3 quarts.

Enjoy, as I'm sure I will whenever I find a reason to make this :) Happy Valentines Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories from the Amazon - Sunken Canoe Adventure

Stories from the Amazon - Horse trading

Stories from the Amazon - Crazy Bull part 1