Blogging challenge

I have never participated in a blogging challenge but one of the Facebook groups I'm in put one up and I decided to try it out and see if even with my busy farm schedule I could maybe succeed in at least posting more that one or two a year! So this blog is the beginning of that challenge.

As I have been thinking about the challenge many ideas have been coming to mind on how to actually succeed. (And if anyone has suggestions please comment and let me know) As you might know if you have read any of my previous posts, I grew up in the Amazon jungle. From a very young age I was an avid reader, mostly of horse books, but as I grew older my interest in other books grew also and although my busy farm life keeps me from reading as much as I'd like, I still manage to squeeze in a book every so often. One of my most treasured memories of life in the Amazon was when I was probably in 5th or 6th grade and we had a missionary teacher come and this teacher had us read a book and then figure out how to write a letter to the author. I'm not sure how the teacher managed this feat, but to my great delight and astonishment, a while later the author I chose even wrote me back and encouraged me in my desires to be an author. I have written the beginnings of at least a dozen books by now, just never have managed to finish one yet. I'm hoping that by doing this blog the inspiration will flow enough to get closer to my childhood dream.
 So, after saying all that, I'd like to start sharing more about my adventures in the jungle on at least one of the days of blogging. We are challenged to write three posts per week. One would be my jungle stories, the other maybe some homesteading tips or current farming life, and the last I'm not sure yet but open to ideas, but thinking of leaving it open to whatever mood I'm in that day or maybe it will be recipe day (since one of the books I'd like to write is a recipe book)

Hopefully you will read my posts and comment and enjoy this small journey with me on this crazy thing we call life. Somehow I manage to have a pretty exciting one so I'm looking forward to sharing some of my adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories from the Amazon - Sunken Canoe Adventure

Stories from the Amazon - Crazy Bull part 1

Stories from the Amazon - Horse trading